Monday, April 11, 2011

Haleiwa Metric Century Ride 2011

Yahoo! I did the full 100 km and it took about 3 hours and 45 minutes. It was completely overcast and rained for a just a few minutes.  Also there was a killer headwind on the way out to the 100k turnaround point...but once we turned around, it was smooth sailing! Overall it was a really good day for cycling.  This was my first big ride and I felt great about it so there will be many more cycling adventures to come!  See the Google Map of today's ride:

Google Map of Today's Ride

I rode with Lisa of the Red Hot Ladies! (that's me on the right)



Video coming later!

2 comments:

  1. The right equipment saved my life this past weekend in Utah. I rode the Front Runner Century and it was brutal 62.1 miles in rain, snow, and wind. The average temp was 36 degrees. I had the right gear and I stayed warm. My socks still got soaked but I was smart enough to carry 3 paris in plastic bags so that I could switch out., Next year I am heading back to Hawaii to ride in the warm Hawaiian weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! After that ride you'll love the Hawaii Century rides. Even if it rains it doesn't last long and of course it isn't cold! The Honolulu Century Ride (100 miles) is in September- you should come!

    ReplyDelete