Friday, March 25, 2011

Gabbana, my Dolce!




I ride a 54cm Specialized Dolce Sport Road Bike, 2011.  Things I've added to my bike are:

1.) Bike alarm- I ordered it from China and it's pretty cool.  You can set it to different vibration levels so if a thief tries to move your bike, it will sound a very loud beeping alarm and only your code will turn it off! That plus a regular cable lock make me feel better about leaving Gabbana. ($25)

2.) Computer- I bought a very basic model which is really only good to track how many miles I've ridden altogether and on specific rides.  I also check my current speed but I don't use it to see my average speed because it doesn't take into account when you stop.  Eventually I'll upgrade to a more fancy model but this one is fine for now ($25)

3.) Speedplay Pedals- I just bought these this past weekend and had them installed at the bike shop.  I was nervous about switching to clipless pedals but these are SUPER easy to get in and out of.  I don't feel scared using them at all....I'm very happy with this purchase. ($125)

4.) Saddle Bag- I bought this at the local bike shop and it serves it's purpose.  It's just the right size as it fits all the essentials- extra tube, 2 tire irons, multi-tool, chapstick, keys, small wallet, and an iPhone if I want to cram it in. ($20)

5.) Rear Light- This light is fabulous- you can set it to be a steady red light or it can blink and be very annoying to look at.  I usually turn it on "annoying blink" to make sure motorists see me (even in the daytime I'll use it).  It's also nice because you can clip it very securely to your saddle bag.  I included a link to the exact model you can purchase on Amazon (scroll down to bottom of screen).

6.) Rear View Mirror- It attaches to the end of the drop bar. I bought it at Walmart for 8 bucks and it's good enough.  I use it when on group rides to see how far back the person behind me is, and also to see if any cars are coming up on me.  I don't use it all the time, but it's nice to have anyway

7.) Water Bottle Cage- self explanatory. Bought this one at the local Bike Shop for 10 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment